At the completion of the course the student will:
- Understand the difference between a provisional immediate complete denture service (stayplate) and a conventional immediate complete denture service.
- Have an exposure to various repair methods used in complete and partial denture service.
- Understand the protocol for removable partial denture recall and be familiar with the individual procedures used for the recall.
- Recognize the signs that would require a reline of a removable partial denture and be familiar with the clinical steps to accomplish the reline.
- Understand the clinical steps required for the repair a complete denture or partial denture.
- Be able to organize a plan of treatment for a combination case.
- Have an exposure to both rotational path removable partial dentures and swing lock removable partial dentures.
- Have an exposure to precision attachment removable partial dentures and overdentures.
- Be familiar with the necessary steps for the planning of a single tooth implant replacement as well as the planning necessary for an implant supported lower overdenture.